Ingredients: red chilli, salt, roast gram, dried ginger, turmeric, cumin seeds, black pepper, aniseed, star anise,cardamom, clove, cinnamon, caraway seeds, mace, food colours (yellow E110, red E129, FD&C yellow6, red 40).
If there are any allergens in the ingredients they are marked as bold.
Recipe for Hot, Spicy Lamb or Beef
1 kg Meat (preferably mutton/beef shin or shank) or Chicken
200g ghee/cooking oil
1 onion, finely sliced
75g wheat flour
1 packet Nehari Masala
Chopped coriander, green chillies, sliced ginger and lemon - to taste
• Stir fry the meat in 145g ghee for 5 minutes.
• Add the Nehari Masala and 4-7 glasses of water (2-3 glasses if using chicken), cover and cook on a low heat until the meat is tender. (Mutton 3-4 hours, beef 4-6 hours)
• Thoroughly mix the flour in 1 cup of water, add gradually add to the sauce, stirring well. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
• Heat the remaining ghee/cooking oil and fry the onions until golden brown. Add to the dish, cover and cook until the ghee separates.
• Serve garnished with the ginger slices, chopped coriander, green chillies and lemon.