Moringa oil is extracted from the seed of Moringa oleifera, a small tree present near Himalayan mountain. The whole moringa tree, including its parts from roots to seeds to flowers to bark, and leaves, can be used for medical, industrial and nutritional purposes.
For this reason, the moringa seed oil is also referred to as a “miracle tree.” Moringa seed oil contains many nutritional, including proteins, fats, and sterols. Moringa oil is produced through some industrial processes.
Moringa oil is also available as essential oi and cooking oil and has been widely used for skin and hair problems.
Curious to know moringa oil benefits?
Here is the list of moringa oil benefits;
Ingredients like Beta-sitosterol, present in Moringa seed oil has antioxidant and antidiabetic benefits.
The edible moringa seed oil also contains sterols, which lowers the bad cholesterol level.
Moringa oil has high protein and oleic acid, and healthy fats. Moringa seed oil is also used for cooking because it’s a nutritious, economical oil compared to other oils. It’ been widely used as a cooking oil now.
Moringa oil has a good number of bioactive compounds that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This makes moringa oil good for acne breakouts.
Oleic acid in moringa oil makes it beneficial when used topically as a moisturizer for skin, or as a cleansing agent.
Directions to use moringa oil for hair
You can use moringa oil for hair by following these steps:
- It Takes 2 to 3 of carrier oil, such as coconut oil, having moisturizing properties
- Take 5 to 10 drops of moringa oil
- Take 5 to 10 drops of essential oil like lavender oil, or tea tree oil
- Mix all the selected oils in a bowl or an in a bottle.
- Apply or massage the hair mixture into the roots of your hair.
- Wrap your hair with a towel or piece of cloth and leave it on overnight.
- Shampoo your hair the next morning.
Moringa seed oil products
Moringa oil can be found as:
- It can be found as an essential oil to topical for hair and skin.
- It can also be found in skin and hair care products like shampoo, cleanser, conditioner, hydrating toner, etc.
- Moringa oil can also be found as cooking oil for baking and frying.
Moringa oil is a healthy, high in proteins, and other fats oil. As an essential oil, moringa oil has benefits for skin and hair as well. You can use moringa oil for hair and skin as a moisturizer and cleanser. It can also be used to treat acne and makes your skin glowing.